Monday, March 17, 2014

K and C rule


Happy Spring Break!

Maybe I can finally catch up on some long overdue blog posts.  My grade level is now teaching explicit phonics using Fundations.  I am learning so much about the rules of phonics (you know all that we never learned but are expected to know and teach!).  Recently, we learned the rules about whether or not to use the c or k when sound out a word that includes this sound.  My students love having this knowledge so I thought I'd share a chart you can use too.  We used our school poster maker to blow this up and hang in our room.  Grab this freebie and share with friends.

Freebie from google docs
Frame from 3AM teacher
Classroom freebies and TBA

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Found you through Classroom Freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you Breanne - so nice of you to take the time to write.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Lindamood-Bell training long ago and was thrilled to learn this rule. How did we never know these things growing up?
    I learned it as the C train usually goes along the track saying /k/ /k/ /k/ until it gets to the I E Y sign and on that track it says /s/ /s/ /s/.
    I like the curvy descriptor you used as well.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,
    AGREE!! I don't know how I have lived this long and never knew this! Our kiddos are going to be so much smarter than we were!! Thanks for taking the time to write.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete